Thursday, December 15, 2016

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR


This is my latest double page spread for Let's Scrap using the following sketch.  For this layout I was inspired by the travel details on the sketch. Ten years ago, my husband and I took our daughters on a train ride to Chicago at Christmastime to shop at American Girl.  Santa gave my older daughter a "Felicity" doll as an early present while on the train.  We literally exited the train and went on a shopping spree for all of Felicity's outfits.  My older daughter was in HEAVEN!  My younger daughter, always the agreeable one, had fun doing whatever her older sister was doing.  We had a fantastic time checking out the town during a rare December warm spell in Chicago.  While I didn't use all the elements called for on the sketch, I was able to use a variety of Doodlebug "Here Comes Santa Claus" papers to bring the Christmas theme to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment