Monday, May 2, 2016

USA SOCCER FAN FUN




This is my latest project for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  I saw the sketch, I immediately thought soccer.  And thankfully I bought myself a new hexagon punch specifically for soccer season because my younger daughter lives, breathes, and sleeps soccer.  She is the USA Women's Soccer Team's biggest fan.  She can tell you all their stats, watches all their games, and loves following the team on social media.  She found the Instagram picture below and decided she wanted to dress up like her favorite players for Halloween.  So that's exactly what she and her best friend did!  Since the girls were USA soccer players, I used an assortment of Doodlebug Patriot Picnic and Parade papers along with Doodlebug's Goal Collection to punch out the hexagon shapes to replicate a soccer ball.

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous and perfect soccer page!! I love the papers and how you placed your hexagons!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors and hexagons! What a fantastic way to document her passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is great! Love how you created a "soccer ball" w/ your hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW - How did you get your Blog format like that? I love the photos/write-up set up side-by-side like that...
    I have been trying to do that w/ mine but Blogger doesn't let me! If you don't mid sharing please e-mail me at VasquezDoreen43@yahoo.com.
    TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doreen! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you. I wish I had a specific answer for you about how I do this; I typically make my pictures medium and then left justify the pics. And the typing then starts immediately to the right of the pictures. With this one, I put the two pics next to each other so the costumes make sense. At work I use the text through feature to wrap text. With this blog, it's basically trial and error. Hope that helps! I'm glad you liked how I set this up!

    ReplyDelete