Tuesday, March 1, 2016

USA LAND THAT I LOVE


Good news!  Let's Scrap has invited me back to be a designer for another term!  I love this group of scrappers; so supportive and creative.  This was my submission for the design team call.  This sketch has wonderful ideas for secret compartments to add pictures, journaling, ephemera from a trip.  However, for this sketch, I decided to go simple and highlighted my daughter's 8th grade trip to Washington DC.  I teach 8th grade at my daughter's school, so I got to go as well.  Let me tell you, one has not lived until they have navigated a group of ninety fourteen years olds, including your sassy daughter, through a major city.  The trip was not without its hangups, but overall, we had a great time.  I used Doodlebug's Patriotic Parade and Patriotic Picnic papers to accent the pictures.  And since this layout was all about the US capital, I tried to recreate the feel of an American flag when placing my pictures and papers on this layout.

1 comment: