Sunday, March 20, 2016

BLAKE


This is my latest design for Sketches in Thyme.  So I did something way out of my comfort zone...I went to a concert.  I know that doesn't sound like a "comfort zone" issue, but when you have a chronic illness and have never heard a Blake Shelton song, saying yes to a Blake Shelton concert is a big deal.  So I decided to document this event for this month's project.  Since Blake is a country boy, I wanted to have a western vibe to this page but also since it was a girl's night out, I wanted that reflected as well.  I dipped into my stash of We R Memory Keepers "Indian Summer" collection, which I thought was the perfect blend of western and feminine, and created this layout. I'm happy to report that not only did I have a great time at the concert, I did actually know a Blake Shelton song!  "PS this is Austin, and I still love you..." And also since attending this concert, I'm officially a Blake Shelton fan.  It was definitely worth getting out of my comfort zone!

1 comment: