Friday, April 17, 2015

PLAY BALL

Here's another little secret I've been keeping under the wraps for a while...I was asked in March to join a new sketch design team for one of my favorite scrapbooking blogs; Sketches in Thyme!  I have been a fan of their sketches for years, so having been selected for their design team was such an honor!  So for my first sketch assignment, found below, I was inspired by the circles.  And as I've said so many times, I'm a seasonal scrapbooker.  And nothing screams spring to me like going to a Dayton Dragons baseball game.  My girls are very fortunate sports fans because their Uncle is a pitching coach for the West Michigan White Caps; a minor league team that our local team the Dragons often play.  When "Uncle Marko" is in town, he keeps the girls in amazing seats at the ballpark.  We were literally right behind home plate at this game.  My oldest was "enjoying the view" of all the cute ball players.  (She is her mother's daughter...nothing like a baseball player in his uniform...).  My youngest, the sports fanatic, was trying to figure out the game.  Nevertheless, we had a great time.  And I got some great pictures from the day.  So when I saw this sketch, I saw baseballs.  I kept the baseball theme throughout using a brown leather looking paper as a shout out to the baseball glove, baseball theme stickers, and used the Dragons colors as the base for this layout..

1 comment: