Tuesday, July 31, 2012

RAINBOW ROW WATERCOLOR CHALLENGE

This challenge for Child's Play was posted while I was on vacation.  It always seems like my creative juices work overload when I'm away from home.  Probably one of those "absence makes the heart grow fonder" situations with my scrapbooking supplies....Anyway, my initial thought was doing a layout about a beautiful sunset.  Every once in a while, I capture one of those stunning sites in a photo where the sky is every shade of pastel imaginable.  I had every intention of doing a page involving a sunset, and began  thinking about colors to incorporate in the layout; specifically pastel colors.  And the more I thought of pastels, my mind began to shift gears.  Now I had visions of Charleston, South Carolina creeping into my mind.  And then the page was born....Rainbow Row on East Bay Street!
I tell my students that when I retire, they will find me in Charleston, SC.  It is my favorite city in the USA.  I love the history, the colors, the amazing food.....It's really like stepping back in time when walking around the city.  I love scrapbooking anything about my time in Charleston, and the papers I found to do this page reminded me so much of what I imagine the inside of those row houses looking like.

In addition, for this layout design, I used a template found on one of my new favorite blog spots; "Creative Scrappers."  So between the awesome sketch design I found on that blog and the inspiration derived from watercolors, this was the end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment